Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies



The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Okay, so before I became mostly-vegan I had this bom-diggidy cookie recipe!

Everyone is out to find the 'best' chocolate chip cookie recipe in the world... well kids, the search is over! 


Everyone loves them.  There isn't a sole who is disappointed while popping one of these suckers in their mouth.  They're so unbelievably soft and chewy on the inside, yet hard on the outside!  The secret ingredient.... Pudding.  

Though I doubt anyone is disappointed while eating a cookie… unless it’s this cookie (below)- The recipe I got for this pictured cookie was labeled as “the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in the universe”… FAIL! What a hoax the internet is…
these are NOT the best cookies in the universe.  
Whoever thought so needs to move. 

But I promise THIS recipe is not a hoax!  Trust me?


I digress… So I’m visiting my mom and some of my vegan-ness has gone out the window (and I’m reaping the consequences too. Feeling like garbage).   So while at her house we whipped these up in no time! 

These aren’t vegan—though I DO have a bangin vegan cookie recipe that I promise to share soon! 

Here we go.  What You Need: 

*This recipe makes 45 cookies, unless you eat the batter, like I love to do- then it will make like 24. 

¾ c butter (1 and a half sticks)
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
1 small package of vanilla pudding
1 tea vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 ¼ cup flour
1 tea baking soda
1 ½ cup chocolate chips

The Fun Part:

-Cream butter and sugars together.
-Add the pudding powder- mix until incorporated.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract
- Stir in the flour and baking soda until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips – more than a cup and a half if you want, heck you can even spring for some nuts if you’re up for it!

Drop by rounded tablespoons on greased cookie sheet.
Cook in 350 degree oven for 10-13 minutes until golden brown – they may be a little soft to the touch, but let them cool – They will harden a bit and be DElish. Honest!



No comments:

Post a Comment