Friday, May 4, 2012

Meatless Meatball Subs




Meatless Meatball subs

Are you hungry?  Are you lazy?  I have the perfect meal for you. 

I don’t know many meals that take less effort than {meatless} meatball subs!

Have you seen these in your grocery? They are lovely, decently priced {$4.00}, and they taste like meat to me- although it has been a while since I’ve had real meat… Here’s a better judge; my husband—He was totally satisfied, he couldn’t even finish the second one I plated for him {he’s a fluffy boy at heart and eats enough for a family of four most nights}.  So that should tell you something! 


I'm not a photographer- it's not pretty but it's pretty good ;-)

1 package veggie meatballs (it has 15 ‘meatballs’)
1 can tomato sauce (seasoned to your liking, I use Italian seasoning and garlic seasoning-         
                               keepin’ it simple)
3 (or 4 if you stretch) hoagie rolls

Whaaa? That’s it? That’s it kids. It’s a lazy Sunday. 

-Cook ‘meat’balls according to instructions on box
           *microwave = cook on high for 2 minutes, turning after 1-let stand 2 more minutes
           * Oven= 350 for 18 minutes turning after 9
-Heat sauce in pot
-Add balls to sauce to coat
- scoop balls in rolls and serve!

Ps. I added mushrooms and onions, because I’m fancy like that ;-)


Enjoy J

No comments:

Post a Comment