Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tu-Tu-Tu-Tuna Cakes

I always find myself with a can of tuna in my cupboard- if not more, so this is always a go to recipe for me when I am out of ideas.

I mostly eat it for lunch, but hey – I’m not the boss of you- make it as a meal if you want, or as a snack – who cares? Not me.

 1 12oz can tuna
 ½ onion - chopped
 ¼ c breadcrumbs (any kind- I’ve even substituted with fish fry before)
 1 tsp pepper ½ tsp garlic powder (or mince some garlic if you feel like it)
2 egg whites ( I haven’t found a substitute for this yet to make it vegan, any suggestions?)
¼ tsp paprika (or chilli powder,or any other seasoning you like-Cayenne? Good enough!)
Oil for cooking

Mix all ingredients together Form into patties – I can usually get 5 out of this recipe, if you want them bigger, or smaller- that’s on you- Like the honey badger- I don’t care!

Oil pan on med-high heat and cook on each side for a few minutes (maybe three?) until they start browning on each side.

Top with sauce
¼ c veganaise (a couple heaping spoonfuls) (or mayonnaise, or yogurt, whatever!)
Sprinkle of chilli powder

 Mix. Yum.

 Serve with lettuce, or not- your choice. On a bun? I don’t care – just eat it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment