Friday, May 4, 2012

Coconut Mango Thai Dessert Vegan


Coconut Mango Dessert

It is one of my husband’s favorite desserts- and I love it because it takes only four ingredients that I usually always have on hand, and it’s vegan!  What’s not to love?

The first time I had it was at a friend’s house in Italy.  And tasting this dessert brings back all the wonderful memories…

Enough nostalgia- I’ll give you my easy peasy recipe!

1 cup sweet rice (Jasmine Rice)
1 can (14oz) coconut milk
½ cup sugar
2 Mangos cubed (or you can use frozen if you wish, I don’t care)


-In a pot combine ½ water,1 cup coconut milk, ¼ cup sugar, and 1 cup jasmine rice.
-Bring to boil- let simmer 10-15 minutes until rice is soft and liquid is absorbed.
-Cut mangos while rice is cooking
- When rice is done toss it in a bowl with the mangos
- add ¼ cup sugar, and the rest of coconut milk to pot- bring to boil
    *optional – if you want a slightly thicker sauce add 1tea corn starch*
-pour over rice mixture


Two ways to eat- Hot…or…Cold- you choose! They’re your taste buds J Enjoy! 

1 comment: