Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Vegan Nutella


Vegan Nutella

I’m going to be honest with you for a moment here- oh who am I kidding, I’m always blunt.  I am addicted to Nutella.  I am. And If you’re reading this, chances are- so are you, and if you’re not yet, you will be. Mark my words! 
In Venice found this AMAZING jar of nutella.  Yes I had to have it. 
Nutella was ALWAYS a staple in my house growing up- so imagine my shock and dismay when I grew up only to find out that this is not the case in everyone’s home!  I felt so horrible for not exposing as many people I could to it as possible!

I actually had to stop myself from buying some the other day, it was on sale and I found a coupon in the paper- that never happens once in a lifetime year.  (Did you get as confused reading that as I did typing it? Welcome to my brain.)
Like my jar?  I got it when I lived in Italy.  *brag*

It is heaven. 

I’m not kidding.  HEAVEN

I was devastated for my husband because he could no longer eat it, since he was allergic to milk.  As luck would have it- I have a vegan nutella recipe that is just as tasty!   Whew. Bullet dodged!

Vegan 'chocolate' chips
This ‘nutella’ taste exactly like nutella!!  I asked my husband what he thought and he said it just taste fresher – that doesn’t seem like much of a problem to me at all!
Straight out of the oven - Mmm I can smell them. 

After rubbing the skins off 

So here we go What You Need:

1 cup hazelnuts
10 oz vegan chocolate
3 tbl powdered sugar
2 tbl coconut oil
1 tbl cocoa powder


The Fun Part:

-Toast the hazelnuts.  I did this in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes.  You can do it on your stovetop as well – low heat and stirring frequently. 
- once toasted, rub skins off with a kitchen towel.
- place in food processor and ground the hazelnuts. 
- melt the chocolate in a double boiler (a pot w/ a bit of water and a glass bowl on top)
- Once melted add the rest of ingredients – powder sugar, oil, and cocoa.
- add everything to the food processer for one more go, and you’re done!

Enjoy the deliciousness

Makes enough to fill a 13 oz jar

No comments:

Post a Comment