Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pop's Pancakes Made Vegan


Two Friends Favorite Pancakes

This could be my most celebrated recipe.  From a young age my friends had certain expectations from me.  1. To be awesome 2. To borrow clothes from and 3. To make amazing pancakes.

Pancakes might be my favorite food ever; and when they’re topped with nutella??  Ohhh forgetaboutit.  Might as well shoot me dead and happy! 


I don’t particularly understand pancakes – it’s unacceptable to eat cake in the early morning, yet pancakes make the cut?  Nonetheless, I’m pleased with this verdict and openly accept the option to make pancakes as often as possible!

It’s probably a heaven sent that my husband doesn’t like pancakes {I know, gasp!}.  But if he did, there is no doubt I would make them every.single.morning. 


Here is the time-tested recipe that got me branded as the friend who cooked…all thanks to my dad, since it is his recipe after all.

When I was little my father would let me help and sprinkle in the cinnamon, when I would finish he would pleasantly whisper “I like cinnamon, lets add a little more” and continue to sprinkle.  Needless to say this family recipe didn't really use certain measurements; more like '4 scoops of this' and 'a spoonfull of that.'  But isn't that how all awesome family recipes truly are?

At any rate, I got the measurements down for you- and Hey! I've even made it vegan!  You're welcome.  Don't worry it wasn't difficult.  



So here we go- What You Need:

1 cup flour (3/4 c white ¼ c wheat) or all white, whatever.
1 cup almond milk (or regular milk if you must.)
1/8 cup sugar
1/8 cup mashed banana – or you can use oil
1 flax egg (1tbl flax 3 tbl water) or you can use a regular egg if you like the suckers)
1 tea baking powder
½ tea baking soda
1 tbl cinnamon

The Fun Part:

-Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
-Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just incorporated
-cook on a pan over med-low heat until bubbles immerge – flip let cook a half –minute to a minute longer – all done! J

Enjoy your short stack (or double stack if that’s how you roll)! 


No comments:

Post a Comment