Sunday, May 6, 2012

Better for you Banana Bread


Better for you Banana Bread

I don’t know about you but I ALWAYS have bananas going brown in my kitchen, I don’t like them, my daughter doesn’t like them, and my husband doesn’t eat them unless I plate them for him.  I am also constantly putting them in the freezer telling myself that I will make banana bread with them … later.  


I have a recipe that doesn’t take any oil, butter, or eggs!  And to boot it has less than a cup of sugar!  Totally awesome right?  Because generally when I think of banana bread I think healthy, but all too often this isn’t the case!  So here we go… some delicious banana bread coming your way!


What you need:

2 c flour ( I use 1 ½ cup white and ½ cup wheat- you can use whatever you want)
1 ½ tea baking soda
1 tea baking powder
¾ cup white sugar
1 tsp allspice (or pumpkin pie spice, or you can omit, I don’t care)
1 tbl cinnamon (don’t like cinnamon? Don’t add it.)
¼ cup apple sauce
4 bananas mashed (I usually have fairly large nanners so it’s about 2 ½ to 3 cups)
¼ cup almond milk (or non-dairy milk- or water – or hey, cow’s milk if you so choose)
1 tsp vanilla extract        

The Fun Part

-Mix all dry ingredients together.
-Mix all wet ingredients together.
-Add dry ingredients to wet.

Greese and flour an 8x8 baking pan (you can use a loaf pan if you want, It’s your kitchen). 
    * I put wax paper in my pan, then grease and flour- it makes it easier to get it out of pan to cool.

350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until center comes out clean on a tooth pick!  

E.n.j.o.yyy  the goodness you just made J


No comments:

Post a Comment