Friday, June 15, 2012

Mandarin Orange Jello 'Salad'


Mandarin Orange Jello 'Salad'

I don’t know when people started referring to non-lettuce sides as salads… but I’m all for it!  Makes it feel a little less guilty. 

I’m not a huge fan of oranges but these little suckers make this dish so juicy and delicious! 


My Tante introduced me to this wonderful recipe and it would just be wrong to keep it to myself!

We ate it as a dessert, but it would certainly be a wonderful BBQ side dish- nice and refreshing!

So Here We Go.  What You Need:

1 3 oz box orange jello
1 3oz box cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 3oz box tapioca pudding
2 cups water
2 8oz cans mandarin oranges (drained)
1 8oz can diced pineapple (drained) (you can omit and use another can of oranges if you wish)
1 tub cool whip  

The Fun Part:

-In pot mix jello and both puddings with 2 cups of water.  Stir constantly until it boils.  –
- Continue to stir and let boil for one minute. 
- Pour into bowl and cool completely (I let mine cool in fridge)
- Add oranges, pineapple, and cool whip.
-Chill for a couple of hours until thickened and..

Enjoy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment