Friday, June 15, 2012

Blueberry Muffins - Vegan


Blueberry something….



It’s blueberry season and it’s a party in my mouth! 

I just love blueberries, what I love more about them is once a year I can get them really cheap- Really.  Like a little over a dollar for a pint.  I’ve even gotten them for 75 cents a pint before… SEVENTY FIVE CENTS!!! {just in case you didn’t read it right the first time ;-)}


So in spirit of this momentous occasion I have decided to make something.. but what?!  I seriously didn’t know, as I shoveled blueberries into my mouth on the car ride home. 

Don’t judge me. 

I have had a go-to blueberry muffin recipe for a years now- but it is loaded with oil and sugar, so I’ve been experimenting trying to make it a bit healthier… three batches later and I think I finally got it!


So Here We Go.  What You Need:

1 cup white flour
½ cup wheat flour
3 tea baking powder
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup apple sauce
1/3 cup almond milk (vanilla)
1 flax egg (1 tbl flax seed 3 tbl warm water – let sit for a couple of min. before mixing
                   into recipe)
3 tbl oil
1 cup blueberries

The Fun Part:
-Mix dry ingredients together
-Add wet ingredients – mix until combined
-Add in blueberries – mix.
--The batter should be thick, but if it is super doper thick, add a tablespoon or two of milk.
-Place cupcake liners in pan
-Fill ¾ way full
-Bake in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment