Friday, June 15, 2012

Veggie Lo Mein


Veggie Lo Mein



What can I say about veggie lo mein... After a long outings with the family sometimes we come home long after I should have had dinner already on the table. 


On days like these veggie lo mein is my go to meal!  It takes me 15 minutes from start to finish, and full of veggies so it's gotta be good for you! 
So Here We Go.  What You Need:

I use whatever veggies I have on hand… tonight I had these certain veggies:
1 tbl vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper- sliced
1 zucchini- diced
1 onion –sliced
8 oz mushrooms –sliced
1 can baby corn cut in half
½ bag asian salad kit (it’s a mix of shreaded broccoli, carrots, and beansprouts- find it in produce              
                            section near bagged broccoli/cauliflower etc.)
1 packet asian dressing (comes with the asian salad mix- it's sesame ginger dressing)
¼ cup soy sauce
1 package lo mein noodles

The Fun Part:

- cut up veggies
- In a hot pan add a tbl of vegie oil and cook vegetables until soft.  (about 5-8 minutes)
- meanwhile boil a pot of water and cook lo mein noodles for 4-5 minutes
- drain noodles add to pan of vegetables
- add asian dressing and soy sauce

Serve and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment