Friday, June 1, 2012

Fluffy (eggless) Pancakes


Freakin Fluffy Eggless Pancakes

Can you keep a secret? 

Don’t tell my dad…

Pinky promise??

Okay.  I love this pancake recipe more than my dad’s good ‘ol fashion recipe. <yike>

I know.  Shame on me, I have disgraced my entire family.  Seriously though- how can I NOT love it!  It’s vegan, eggless, and uses basic ingredients that I can bet you have in your pantry RIGHT NOW! 

Actually I am going to bet you $500 that you do have them in your pantry, because even if you don’t – this is the internet, and I can make outrageous bets like that and not have to live up to them. 


It’s so simple I’m sure even my husband can make them… though this is not a tested theory – I wouldn’t dare.  As I once said, ‘he doesn’t even know how to stir.’ 

So Here We Go.  What You Need:    This recipe feeds 2 people or 1 hungry person.     
                                                           (about 6/7 pancakes)

1 cup flour
2 tbl baking powder (yes you read that right, tablespoons)
2 tea cinnamon
1 cup almond milk (or non-dairy milk- or heck-cow’s milk if that’s all you’ve got)
2 tbl oil (I use orange juice- you can use coconut, veggie, whatever, earth balance butter,
               pineapple juice, I don’t care.)


The Fun Part

-Mix dry ingredients
-Mix wet ingredients
- Incorporate.  Stir just until combined
-Over medium heat in a non stick pan add a ladle full of batter and let cook until it bubbles all around (a minute or so)
- Flip
- Cook for half a minute or so, and…

Enjoy J

No comments:

Post a Comment