Monday, May 7, 2012

Energy Smoothie


Energy Fruit Smoothies

Smoothies to me were something that I bought from Orange Julius for seven bucks a pop- lol did I just type ‘seven bucks a pop’? Anyway- I can’t remember when exactly it was that I discovered that making a smoothie was not only easy… but that it is SO sinkin easy!


If you have hands- you have measuring utensils. 

You can seriously make it with ANY type of fruit you have in your fridge or freezer. Honest.

And it’s so good for you it’s ridiculous.  Go look in your fridge/freezer and see what you’ve got and make one now!!

I will say that every time I make one I add a banana.  I’m not too fond of bananas, but I really think it’s the base.  – but the ideas are endless!  I typically use spinish, but I had kale- so that’s what I used and it was supurb!  Have some mangos?  Use em.  Have a pomegranate that you don’t feel like eating? Use it.  Seriously. Anything your heart desires!

What You Need

For this particular smoothie I used;

1 banana
1 handful frozen peaches (or fresh)
2 handfuls frozen strawberries (or fresh, honey badger don’t care)
½ handful of blueberries
2 mega handfuls kale
½ cup almond milk/ coconut milk/ any non-dairy milk… or hey- cow’s milk if that’s all        
                                                                                                 you have – I don’t care!
   *More milk if you want it thinner- less if you want it thicker. 

 The Fun Part

Shove it all in a blender and blend. 
Drink Up J




6 comments:

  1. Short of the kale it looks and sounds delicious.

    As I'm on blood thinners the kale anything but recommended for me or others on warfarin based blood thinners. It's the massive punch of vitamin K that does it in Kale that could seriously gum up my mechanical heart valves.

    Just imagine coming home from hospital and discovering, late at night in the quiet of a small town that your chest is going tic-toc-tic-toc all night!

    As I'm not a vegan or vegetarian I'd add an egg or two to this for protein.

    Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'm not sure how an egg would taste in a fruit smoothie but if all the fruit can mask the taste of kale, i'm sure it will do the same for an egg!! Goodluck!! And healthy thoughts going your way! :)

      Delete
  2. You could beets, pink or white grapefruit, starfruit, tangerine, lemons and oranges without any Vitamin K, and almonds (also vitamin K free) would be a great add on to this recipe as well. Also almonds have 8 grams of protein, 4 times the amount of a cup of kale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! or I was thinking tofu! All great suggestions, thanks! :)
      I also didn't know that about lemons! Crazy!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Allergic to bananas and have found the avocado is a good substitute for the base and doesn't change the flavor much

    ReplyDelete