Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Easy Chicken Marsala


Chicken Marsala

Me:  “Don’t get too full I made your favorite dessert.”
My husband: “me… get full…. Off this?”

My husband doesn’t always speak like a caveman, but when he does I can read through the lines. 
Interpretation:  WHERES THE MEAT?!


After a couple of weeks at a time of eating meat free I like to give my husband a little treat and serve him up some chicken.  Ergo tonight’s meal- Chicken Marsala. 

It is so simple, don’t let the name fool you- it sounds fancy… but really it’s not!  I promise!  Trust me??   Here we go…

What You Need:

1 chicken breast (split in two) (= to half pound, you can use more if you’re hungry.)
2 packets gravy seasonings
8 oz mushrooms sliced

See I told you. EASY!  - no wine necessary- I don’t drink, but by all means, if you do- pour some in the pan- it’s your liver!

The Fun Part

-In pan sauté mushrooms until brown and soft

-Add 2 packets of McCormic gravy seasonings ( I use poultry gravy, but you can use brown or whatever you have – they’re your tastebuds!)

-Add 2 cups of water

- Add seasoned (with pepper or whatever you please) chicken – cover and let cook for about 10 minutes turning chicken half way through.  If the water evaporates too quickly, add more nbd. 

Serve with rice and some veggies and presto- dinner!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment