Monday, June 18, 2012

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies


Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

I probably shouldn’t have made these today – Since it was only yesterday when I made vegan chocolate cupcakes …. And ate them… all. 

My diet starts … oh who am I kidding.

what’s a day without dessert? 



This recipe is so good!  It’s not even really my own I got it from here at the VeganHousewives.  I just decreased the sugar a bit, that’s all – it really is a fantastical recipe. 

I don’t usually share other peoples’ recipes, this is actually the first and only time I have, but I would be doing you an injustice if I didn’t share!


So Here We Go.  What You Need:

2 cups flour
1 tea baking powder
½ cup coconut oil
¾ c brown sugar
¼ cup almond milk
2 tea vanilla extract
3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I could have been okay with ½ cup really…)
And I added ¼ cup walnuts, just because I had them - and I love walnuts.   

The Fun Part:

Mix wet ingredients
Add dry ingredients
Add chocolate chips, and walnuts if you wish.

Form into balls – however big or small you like

Cook 350 for 10-13 minutes, depending on how big your balls are (hehe)

Let cool and

Enjoyyyyy 


2 comments:

  1. I love how this recipe doesn't use egg replacers or vegan butters--very simple! I agree with you, however, that 1/2 cup of chocolate chips are good enough. I actually ended up adding more of everything else afterwards because it was way too many chocolate chips! Also, this was actually too dry for me (the dough was very crumbly, almost like biscuit dough), so I added extra liquid. Tasted delicious, though! Just like my mother's non-vegan recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you make these.. if there is a next time- try upping the brown sugar to 1 cup - they should be less dry. :) Goodluck! and thanks for commenting!!

      Delete