Friday, June 1, 2012

Black Eyed Kim Salad


Black Eyed Kim Salad

This salad is sans lettuce… But I promise you it’s quite healthy!  How can it not be when it’s full of beans and veg! But the best part?  It’s delish! 


This recipe would be great as a BBQ side dish, or even used as a ‘dip’!

When I first had this I asked the hostess what was in it and she spouted off a list of ingredients… I’d be lying if I told you I thought about anything else the rest of the day!  I should have just asked for pen and paper… 

I got home and couldn’t wait to replicate this colorful dish! 


So Here We Go.  What You Need:

1 can black eyed peas (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can corn (drained)
½ (or a bit more) chopped celery
½ red onion- chopped
1 jalapino (or pimento) pepper –chopped
1 tea garlic powder
1 tea black pepper
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup veg oil
2 tbl worcestershire sauce (I always have to google the spelling of this crap.)
1 tbl sugar

The Fun Part:

-Combine all ingredients.
-Chill for a few hours

Enjoy with corn chips or tortillas or a spoon J




No comments:

Post a Comment