Friday, June 15, 2012

Tofu Stuffed Shells

Tofu Stuffed Shells

You know what I love most about being {mostly} vegan?  I don’t need to worry about pulling meat out of the freezer and planning what I’m going to make for dinner while I’m eating my breakfast. 



As dinner time approached I scoured the cupboard for something to make… and my boxed tofu kept staring at me! 
            --yes I buy tofu in the box, it is much cheaper than buying in the refrigerated section, and       
            when I say much cheaper I mean I buy a box for $1.15.  Yes!

Anyway the first time I made tofu stuffed shells they were barf-worthy, so when I thought about reluctantly making them again tonight I hoped they were at least 10% better. 

And boy if they weren’t absolutely amazing!

So Here We Go.  What You Need:

½ box large pasta shells
1 onion diced
1 package frozen spinach – thawed
1 package firm tofu – crumbled
1/8 cup nutritional yeast
1 tbl Italian seasoning
Pepper to taste
Pasta sauce to serve

The Fun Part:

- In large pot boiling water cook pasta shells for 13 minutes, or until soft
- Meanwhile in hot pan cook onion until translucent
- Add spinach and tofu to pan and mix until warmed and tofu is crumbled
- Add nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, and pepper
- Drain shells and rinse quickly – just so they don’t burn my fingers!
- Stuff shells
- Serve with your favorite pasta sauce and

Enjoy!

Two ways to eat it... With a knife, or without..


No comments:

Post a Comment