Monday, June 18, 2012

Almond Anise Biscotti


Almond Anise Biscotti

Since today is fathers day I decided to make my father a treat – homemade biscotti. 

My father LOVES biscotti – and I forgot just how much I loved them when I ate one today!  I think the last time I had one was when I lived at home with him. 

He doesn’t even drink coffee anymore- I think he quit before I was old enough to notice, but to this day when I am traveling and wake up to the smell of coffee it feels like home to me…

Anyway- he just eats them alone, which is the same way I enjoy them! 

My husband, however, took one tooth to it this morning and thought it was a joke.  That I am gifting stale bread to my father… silly boy. 

This evening though- he ate one… and then asked for two more!  Aaaha.  Told him they were good!  



So Here We Go.  What You Need:

2 lemons grated lemon rind (about 1-2 tbl)
2/3 cup slivered almonds (one small bag)
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg white – beaten.

The Fun Part:

Combine first 4 ingredients – beat. 
Add dry ingredients—flour and baking powder. 
Kind of kneed the dough with your hands – inside the bowl to minimize mess. 
Form into two oval-ish loafs – flattened – on a greased cookie sheet
Coat with beatened egg white

Cook at 350 for 25 minutes
Lower temp to 325 for 5 minutes
Slice
Place slices back into oven at 325 for 15 minutes. 

Let cool – coat with chocolate if you wish – or not…

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment