Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Coconut Banana Breafast (or dessert) Cake - Vegan


Coconut Banana Breakfast (or dessert) Cake - Vegan

In my venture to make a dent in the pile of bananas in my freezer, I have taken an interest in all things banana- my least favorite fruit. 


That being said, I do LOVE me some banana bread- added to the list of banana-loves is this coconut banana cake!  I also love how it is a ‘breakfast’ cake.  Kind of in the same crowd as pancakes – Why exactly are they suitable for breakfast?  Wait. Don’t answer that.  I don’t care.  It all works for me and my taste buds!

So here we go.  Here’s What You Need:  

1 c white flour
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 flax eggs (2 Tbl flax seed +6 Tbl water) (or you can use eggs if you’re not vegan)
1/3 cup sugar (white or brown- whatever you have on hand- I usually use white)
2 tea vanilla extract – or coconut extract if you have it!
1 cup mashed banana (two small bananas)
½ cup coconut milk

The Fun Part:

-          Combine all dry ingredients
-          Combine all wet ingredients
-          Grease/four an 8x8 pan (or you can use a loaf pan, I’m just kind of obsessed with 8x8- but a loaf pan would make this thicker)
-          Pour batter into pan
-          Cook at 350 for 25 minutes (or if using loaf pan do 35)

For the topping I used
-          2 cups powdered sugar
-          2 tbl coconut milk
-          ½ cup shreaded coconut

Mix ingredients together, pour over cake once it’s out of the oven!


Yumm! Enjoy your yummies J

No comments:

Post a Comment