Saturday, January 17, 2015

Little Artist Party


So most recently I threw my four year old an artist party!  It was absolutely fantastic!  All of the kids had a ton of fun, which I was grateful for because boy were there a lot of kids there to impress, most importantly my daughters school friends (she is in Pre-K3).  I heard multiple kids yell "Best Birthday Ever!" as they were leaving!  

That made my heart smile! 

So I thought i'd share my pinterest inspired craftiness with you!



First things first - the invitations!!

I made these out of tan cardstock, I used some tools I have to cut it into an oval shape (artist pallet shape) I then cut two smaller oval holes to imitate an artist painting pallet, using some creative memory cutting tools that I own! :)
Then I took some crafty glitter glue and made - the best I could- little spots of paint :)

The invite reads; Lets put the ART in PARTY
All the rest is pretty generic; time, date, place, rsvp; and don't forget to include
"Wear your art clothes"





Now I wish I would have gotten better photos!! lol

I got these awesome painters aprons from Oriental Trading Company online for a great cost - I think it was like  $10 for 12! Can't beat that! 






I got these chalkboard easels from Michales, I set up three stations; 
1. Sculpting -- with playdoh and accessories
2. Crafting -- drawing, cutting, glueing, coloring, etc. 
3. Painting -- obviously.  ;-)






The kids had so much fun!  On one of the easels I wrote "Every Child is an Artist"


I created a banner of some of my daughters 'masterpieces' :)




Hard at work!  I got these easels in a pack, they came with acrilic paint, easels, and canvases with different characters / drawings on them for the kids to paint!  They seriously had a blast guys!  





Onto the cupcakes!  Yes.  The best (and worst, food coloring - bah!) part of birthday parties!  
I made these little fondant artist pallets, they were super simple, but a but time consuming!  




Since I got lazy, I mean I wanted to give people options, I iced half of the cupcakes with a whole lot of colorful icing!! 


My birthday girl! <3 





THIS!  Was the best!  It's like a kids version of a guest book!  In the frame I wrote "Hey, please take a moment to help make a work of art Avalina will treasure forever!  Share a birthday wish, a handprint, or just say 'hi!'"  It was so much fun and I hang the finished masterpiece in her playroom for her enjoyment! <3


Thank you SO much for stopping by!  You are awesome, have a super day!!

Until next time,
  Kim!

5 comments:

  1. Where did you purchase the canvas and easels for the little artists? And the "guestbook" canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You're so creative. You've given me some great ideas. Love the Art Party and love the Guest book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute what font did you use for the invitations?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did u get the easels for the kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow great party! stealing these ideas hahaha

    ReplyDelete